This is a note to self
Tunnel in (to use Rstudio)
- First, open up the command line
- On mac this is just the terminal program.
- On windows, use conemu and start the git bash.
- Or use the terminal on MobaXterm (as I do from Princeton)
- Run the following command
ssh -f -N -L 8787:localhost:8787 -p 22 email@example.com
-fmeans to run in the background
- no idea what the
-Ndoes or the
- then give it the localport, localhost, and other port
- but also requires
-p 22to tell the NBER server we want to connect on that port
- and finally my username and the remote server
- it will prompt for a password.
- RStudio is now availabe at http://localhost:8787/auth-sign-in
You need to kill the process.
- On windows, just close the tab in conemu (I think).
- On mac,
ps aux | grep sshwill give you the jobs and then kill it from there with the
killcommand, giving the command the job number.
Is located at: